Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'M GLAD WE HAVE TIME FOR THIS BULLSHIT

Once in a while I'll see a news story that highlights why things are so f-ed in the "a" in America, and the world in general. This week, I found two articles like that. The first one is here. It's about Goldman Sach's. One of those pinky in the air Wall Street banks that got TEN BILLION DOLLARS in bailout money... YOUR money. Yeah, well, the interest rate for that cash has been dropped to 1%. I don't know about you, but none of my loans have a 1% interest rate. Oh, yeah, did I mention that Goldman Sachs paid out $10.9 billion in employee compensation and benefits last year. Funny how they couldn't pay off more of that loan huh?

The second article, link here, goes into detail about how the United States is handing out millions of dollars - again, YOUR money - to farmers in Afghanistan not to grow poppies for heroin. Yup. Unfuckingbelievalbe. I know. If the government was half as creative in trying to balance the budget as they are in figuring out ways to completely piss away taxpayer money I'm sure there wouldn't be any goddam government debt. ... Criminey.

In other news, the plumber who unclogged my sewer pipe took a few extra minutes to explain the difference between regular solid waste and "shit paper." Thanks Mr. Rooter! ... See, a happy ending! Was that so hard?

No comments: